Redevelopment of the riverfront was based on the City’s “Things To Do…With A River View” initiative. The project was assisted by an Iowa Great Places award and financial assistance from Vision Iowa, former Governor Tom Vilsack’s program that helped communities across Iowa bring recreation, education, entertainment, and cultural projects to life. The project included a brand-new marina and a building to house a restaurant, amenities for boaters, and much more.
Over 88% of the work was performed by Clinton-region contractors and suppliers, with Clinton Engineering self-performing 60% of the total work. The project was a true example of a community coming together, so much so the City received an Eddy Award from the River Action Board of Directors for exemplifying excellence on the riverfront. Clinton Engineering received a “Toot Your Own Horn” award in 2010 from the Clinton Convention & Visitors Bureau, recognizing this project as well as many other high-profile projects that Clinton Engineering has built along the riverfront since 1926.
- Nearly 10,000 square feet of total finished space
- The ground floor houses a “Ship’s Store” that includes clothing, snacks and drinks, boating items, bait, and more; plus laundry facilities and men and women’s showers for boaters’ use
- The upper floor is home to Candlelight Inn that includes almost 7,000 SQ FT of dining, kitchen, bar, storage, and restroom space
- Approximately 3,696 SQ FT of deck space to accommodate outdoor seating and a lower patio deck area that is approximately 7,500 SQ FT
- Lighted parking lot
- Over 100 new covered and uncovered slips
- Ready access to water and power at all slips
- New fuel dockage
- Secure privacy gates
- An assortment of new gangways
- A 2,275 SQ FT floating amenities party deck